22 March 2022

California Dreamin' part 31 - Up Up and Away

So kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that you'll wait for me

Hold me like you'll never let me go

I'm leavin' on a jet plane

I don't know when I'll be back again

Oh babe, I hate to go


My bags are packed and I just cannot believe that I am going home with much more weight than what I came with - and I unloaded a bunch of gifts too.  I got a kick out of Jay, who tired to convince me to leave the 2 pound box of See's chocolate, the See's peanut brittle and box of Girl Scout Cookies that my mom bought for me.  I almost did.  But then I just decided to pack it all and check in my carry-on.  I only had to carry my little back-pack with ticket and passport.  

With all that added weight, I was a bit worried the bags would spring open.  Jay came up with a clever idea. 



The drive from Costa Mesa to LAX can be anywhere from 55 minutes to 3 hours.  I piled my heavy bags into the back of Jay's car and we got an early start to the airport.  There were a lot of cars on the freeway but it was moving at a really good speed.  We were also able to use the diamond lane which really helped. I arrived to the Tom Bradly international terminal in very good time.  I was able to grab a bite/drink in the lounge before take off.


Then it was boarding time.  I was one of the last people to board.  I waited to hear if maybe, just maybe somebody didn't show up for the flight in Business Class.  But they were all there.  Sorry sir - Business Class is full.  Would you like Monkey Plus Class or Sardine Class.  Well....... the wine flows freely in Monkey Plus so....... I'll be a monkey's uncle.





Skål !.









No comments:

Post a Comment