22 March 2022

California Dreamin' part 21 - The Grand Finalé

 Tonight, Ladies and Gentlemen we have...............


Our tour now comes to an end.  The grand finalé is the last and final stop of my personal guided Los Angeles tour, given by no other than the guy who knows LA like the back of his hand: Carlos Perez.  Ja Ja - everybody here in Hollywoodland has a stage name.   Including yours truly - Eddie Spaghetti.

What I don't have, are photos of the big pic-nic basket that George was carrying around all day.  We had to make dinner quick as time was running short.  We grabbed a quick Lebanese meal from a local eatery just down the street from the Pantages Theater and then we took our food down a side street to this little garden spot at a near-by office building.  Carlos brought a blankets, plates, glasses (but conveniently forgot the champagne after sending me photo after photo after photo of the huge selection of champagne that was available at Trader Joe's) and it was just wonderful to sit there in this very unusual spot. (except it was damn cold).  We had to sit out because of the covid rule.  We could walk in and get food but we couldn't eat it there.

Anywhoo.......... here's the place we sat at.  It's at the new Viacom building.  It was night time but the garden was lit up.

The arrow points to where we sat and ate.
The arrow points to where there was no champagne.
Funny - right? 
But I'll never forget it.

And then !
Tonight we are going to see the wonderful production of Hamilton.










So I was dying of thirst.  All I could think about was that champagne that I didn't drink for dinner.  At intermission, I jumped out of my seat and made my way as quick as possible to the booze bar.  I was going to surprise Carlos with a nice glass of bubbly.  But I was the one who got surprised.  There was no line.  How could that be?  I asked the girl for, "2 glasses of champagne, please."   She replied, "Sorry, we only have water."   Well that explains why I was first in line.  


I'm looking forward to seeing it again but next time I want control of the volume - it was very loud.

Hamilton: An American Musical is a sun-and-rapped-through.  It tell the story of American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton.  The show draws heavily from hip hop as well as R&B, pop, soul, and traditional-style show tunes.  It casts non-white actors as the Founding Fathers and other historical figures.






No comments:

Post a Comment