22 March 2022

California Dreamin' part 3 - Come Fly Away

Come fly with me, Let's fly, let's fly away

If you can use some exotic booze, there's a bar in far Bombay

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away


I got a 2 great tips from my long time friend, George:  Don't take the metro and get on the Flyaway bus at the first stop.  Since the metro is a common mode of transport here in Denmark, I figured that the metro in LA would be about the same.  Wrong!  As it turned out, the closest Flyaway bus stop was almost next-door to the H hotel.  By boarding at the first stop, I was able to get the front seat.  So glad for the tips.


I didn't want to take the bus because I thought it would drive along the horrible 405 to the 10 going east.  But the bus took the 105 east and then up the 110.   The 105 was traffic free. But take a look at what we ended up hitting - OMG.  Luckily it was diamond lane all the way until we got to down town.

Exciting down town Los Angeles with clear skies and San Gabriel mountains in the background.


And here we are - Union Station.  Kind of funny that you pay after you leave the bus and walk to the ticket booth.  Now I need to meet George.




No comments:

Post a Comment