22 March 2022

California Dreamin' part 17 - Dizzyland

Here we have 2 dizzy queens walking in circles among the flowers at the Disney Concert Hall.  What a fantastic building.  What was originally intended to be built of stone, due to lack of funding, became metal panels. You can read all about the millions of dollars it took to build this place by clicking here.  The parking garage alone cost $110 million.  And I thought our parking space of 150,000 Danish crowns was crazy.  For those of you who are wild about architecture, then you already know just by looking at the building, that it was designed by Frank Gehry (click the link to see his other designs).  25 years ago or so I went to a Frank Gehry exhibition at Louisianne Museum here in Denmark - it was fascinating.   

When we walked by, the front door was open and the guard let us come in and walk around on our own. I couldn't believe it.  Of course only in the foyer - but still.  Sadly my camera man hasn't sent me any photos.  So, just plenty of pix posted here from the outside and from the garden on the 2nd floor /(første sal).



George ran across the street with his cane - Crazy George.  
I waited because I just had my nails done.















No comments:

Post a Comment