22 March 2022

California Dreamin' part 15 - Oh Mi Gawd

Heaven's just a sin away, oh, oha, just a sin away

I can't wait another day, I think I'm givin' in

How I love to hold you tight, oh, oha, be with you tonight

That still won't make it right 'cause I belong to him


Holy Moly - I wasn't expecting to spend so many hours on public transport as I did today.  1st I drove my Pop's car 25 miles/35km to Long Beach near the 405 and the 710 to catch the Metro.  It was 8 stops to where George would get on the Metro.  The Metro practically stops in his back yard.  From there, we rode all the way to the civic center/Grand Park Station.  A total of 17 stops/55minutes + the 40 minutes in the car. But it felt like forever.  Then I had to do it all over again going back.  George had offered another shorter quicker way home but I was too unaware to understand the possibility.  

Anyway.... it turned out to be a great day and a real treat for the eyes and with a great long time friend.

We came up from underground at Civic Center and Grand Park metro stop.  The park is really pretty. It's been so long since I have last been there, I really don't remember it at all - if I have even ever actually been there.  Today, this afternoon and evening, George is going to be my personal tour guide in what was once my home town.  First on day #2, he showed me Union Station and then Chinatown.  And now we will see the very center of the city.

We made 8 stops.  I have 7 to show you.  Here is the first stop at Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels.

I had no idea there was a beautiful Cathedral smack in the middle of Los Angeles.  It was really a treat for the eyes.







My mom has 100's of these and she's selling them to you, yes, YOU !, for a very special price.





This is a Retablo from Spain and it has a huge history dating from 1687.  You can read all about it and about all the other art pieces in the cathedral on their website here.  or Click Here to go directly to the info about this piece.









Even if you are not religious or Catholic, you will surely enjoy the beauty of the architecture and the artwork.   It's worth a visit.  Here's all the info you need.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment