22 March 2022

California Dreamin' part 1 - High in the Sky

 All the leaves are brown....

                        (all the leaves are brown)

And the sky is gray....

                        (and the sky is gray)

I've been for a walk....

                        (I've been for a walk)

On a winter's day....

                        (on a winter's day)

I'd be safe and warm....

                        (I'd be safe and warm)

If I was in L.A....

                        (If I was in L.A.)

California dreamin'....

                        (California dreamin')

On such a winter's day


This blog is about my latest visit to see my family in California after 3 years of hiding away from the corona virus.  I plan to make the posts short on text but rich in photos.   You are welcome to scan your way through the photos at the bottom of the screen but if you do that, you will miss the links and the videos (where/if I have posted them).  I will make shorter blog post in more sections so you can easily click your way to those posts that have the most appeal for you.

You might want to skip the first blog all together as it is mostly just airport photos and photos from the air.

Ready? Here we go...........

I snapped this photo from Gate E135.  I tried to send it to the Cargo driving department to say hi and let them know I was here but it bounced back.  I guessed there is a block on sending an mms to the company phones.  It wasn't my department but now and then I would have to help drive out these huge cargo pallets to the "long haul" flights.


This is the latest edition to the airport.  
Clean, new, shiny and ZZZzzz...


Here is another colleague driving a smaller one-man car delivering cargo (in this case, mail) in baggage wagons.  This was my job. I miss it.  Bawwwwwaaaa haaaaaa haaaa ha ha ha ha

I booked tickets for Business Class.  
Sadly, Business Class was full.  
I ended up in Monkey Plus Class. 
Grateful that I wasn't put in Sardine Class.
Not as fancy, but the alcohol was flowing  - probably to keep us from complaining.  
Worked for me.



Now we are getting close to LA.  
I can feel it.  
I can recognize it.
But just where exactly are we?

This is probably the part you'll want to skip if you're not into maps or if you prefer an aisle seat over a window seat.  I am always fascinated when I fly over southern California.  I always wonder where we are but I can never figure it out........... Until now.
































After 11 hours and 20 minutes, we finally hit ground.
The Tom Bradley International Terminal opened on June 18, 1984, just weeks before the start of the 1984 Summer Olympic Games.  It is named for Tom Bradley, the first African-American and longest-serving (20 years) mayor of Los Angeles, and a champion of LAX.



No comments:

Post a Comment