22 March 2022

California Dreamin' part 28 - Luis Rey

Stopped into a church

I passed along the way

Well, I got down on my knees

                        (got down on my knees)

And I pretend to pray

                        (I pretend to pray)

You know the preacher lights the coals

                        (preacher lights the coals)

He knows I'm gonna stay

                        (knows I'm gonna stay)

California dreamin' 

                        (California dreamin')

On such a winter's day


I always pass it every time I go to/from my parents house.  Always say to myself: next time.  Thank-you Tami for that little extra shove.  She was the one who encouraged me to stop in and check it out.  I only had a moment as I really needed to get to my folks house and spend what little time I had left with them.  It may be one of the lesser known missions of the 21 that are in California. But then again it is also known as the King of Missions because it is the largest of the 21 missions. The influence of what the missions had over California is a very interesting story.  You can read a brief outline about it here.

This is Mission Luis Rey de Francia.









No comments:

Post a Comment