25 May 2022

Nice could be nice - Day 2 - to/from Mont Boron Forest Park

Good morning.  Big memory-lane plans today.  First of all, I need something to eat and coffee.  Instead of paying 15 bucks for a few slices of dried out bread, why not just walk 7 steps from my BnB to the corner baker and get the €1.90 croissant and coffee offer?  It's like a bite of heaven to have a real French croissant fresh out of the baker's oven. 



This blog is about my walk to and from Mount Boron - a very large hill on the east side of Nice.  In the next blog, I will explain why this spot has such significance for me.

But for now, here are a few pix of my tour there and back.

Below photo:  The colored lines show which way and where I walked.

I start at the red line at My BnB.  I open the door and take 7 steps to get a coffee and croissant at the baker.  While eating and sipping, I continued my 1.5 km / 1 mile walk to the bus stop at the blue line.  The bus drives for 1.5km / 1 mile.  I get out at the dark green line and walk 350m / 1 quarter mile up hill.  The spot looks familiar but not quite.  Did the city update the spot? The railing is taller than I remember.   It was after all 33 years ago that I was here.  Also, a green fence is missing.  No, I don't think this is quite the spot.  It looks pretty much the same but something is wrong.   I go to the edge of the spot and look out over the railing. The view is correct but the actual spot is not this place.  I get a bit bummed.  I look straight down over the edge of the railing and Oh mi god!   There it is!   There's the spot that I am looking for.  I can see it from where I am standing.  There's also trail down to the correct spot that I am looking for.  The purple line is a 350m 150yd trail down the hillside.  As you can see, I actually passed the correct spot while I was on the bus.  I didn't realize that.  The correct spot is where the blue line, purple line, and lime green line meet.  This is the spot that I was at 33 years ago.  I took a bunch of photos and enjoyed it all. I get the weirdest feeling writing about it now.  It makes me wish I was there again right this very minute.  After my photo session I continue down the lime green path - 350m 1 quarter mile.  Now I am at sea level and I walk the orange line 2.35km / 1.5 miles all the way to the train station to go to my next stop: Monte Carlo.


Here are a few pix from my walk on the red line.



(Above: Remember this photo for the next blog.  There is a lot of significance to this monument.)







Carlos:  I snapped this photo for you.  Though there may not be a water taxi, the tram will take you directly to the harbor to your own docked boat.



Here are a few pix from my walk on the orange line.












And here is the spot that I was looking for.  

Click here to find out why this spot has such significance for me.


Click this link to see all 517 photos.

Click on the blue ALL where it says: Show 25/50/ALL 

Click on first photo of tulips.

Click on "Slideshow" to see large photo.

Click on "Full Screen" (upper right hand side) to see largest version.

Sit back and enjoy as the photos will "slideshow" on it's own.

You can control the speed of the slideshow by clicking on "options" (upper right-hand side).



No comments:

Post a Comment