23 May 2022

Nice could be nice - Day 2 - so could Monte Carlo


From "The Spot",  I walked 2,5km / 1.5 miles to the translation.  It's only €7.50 / $8 to get from Nice to Monte Carlo and less than a 20-minute train ride.  So can you see why I was so upset about being fined €50 for having to go only 20 stops?  And not only that, but nobody even checked to see our tickets to or from Monte Carlo.

Anywhoo.....  here are a few pix from Monte Carlo.

The train station feels like it is underground but it is actually built into the side of a mountain cliff.





 
You can take the elevator up to this level or you can just walk out from track level.  It's weird and wild.  I took the elevator up.  Then when I cross the street, I could see that I would have to walk and walk and walk down to the sea and then I would have to walk up and up and up to get to the Palace.  Then coming back I would have to do it in reverse.   




















Above and below: Off in the distance is the royal Palace.  I wanted to see it but dang if I am going to walk all that distance and climb up and down all those hills.




The next thing I know is, I am at the bottom of the hill having coffee looking up at the Palace.


above:  that's my cawfee and cwowsan.
below: my views from this fab coffee shop.




Can't go all the way to Monaco and not look at the Royal Palace - right?
Especially if you are right next to the entrance - right?
Right?
Right !











The views from the Palace high on the hill were beautiful as well.









What young pretty little blond girl from Philly wouldn't want to be a princess here?  
Oh hell, pass me my wig!

Oh dear god, have mercy on my tootsies.  Now I have to walk all the way down from the Palace hill and then all the way up the mountainside back to the train station.  The streets are so twisty and windy.  I hope I can find my way back.  To my surprise there were a few signs pointing the way back to the station.  One arrow was pointing the way to a tunnel.  I didn't come that way - but ok.
Next thing I know. I'm in the train station.  How could that possibly be?  Why didn't I have to walk up any hills to get back?  It was weird.  It was an answer from god having mercy on my tootsies.

See all the other photos from Monte Carlo on my shutterfly site.

 

Click this link to see all 517 photos.

Click on the blue ALL where it says: Show 25/50/ALL 

Click on first photo of tulips.

Click on "Slideshow" to see large photo.

Click on "Full Screen" (upper right hand side) to see largest version.

Sit back and enjoy as the photos will "slideshow" on it's own.

You can control the speed of the slideshow by clicking on "options" (upper right-hand side).









 

No comments:

Post a Comment