20 September 2019

Bullitt Bike

This blog is dedicated to my sister, the bike enthusiast.
I was at work pushing packages the other day and this huge box was one of the packages to be sent to the states.  It was such a cool box.   

Most boxes are plain brown but some do have a logo printed on the box.  This box however - was totally decorated and just waiting for the buyer to add a personal touch with color pens and/or paint brushes.  Not only that, but both the back and the front, each had a different picture on it. 

As I mentioned, not all boxes are brown.   
Some are white like this but still it is just a sleepy logo.

on this 1 pallet there is 176 kilos / 388 lbs. of yum.

I didn't snap these for my sister.  I snapped them for me.  It's Danish chocolate and very delicious.  All these boxes of chocolate are going to Dubai.  Why Dubai? It will all be melted shortly after they unload it from the plane.

Anyway....

If a box is lucky enough to have print/text on it, it's usually a print of a logo repeated on both sides or all 4 sides.   I thought the bicycle theme of the box was pretty cool so I snapped it to share it with my sister.  Upon closer inspection, I notice the box said Bullitt.  When I saw Bullitt, I knew that I was going to have to go into town to take a follow up photo.   You see - Bullitt is a Danish brand bicycle and they are very cool bikes used for transportation.  Biking is a big deal in Copenhagen and it is a major mode of transport.  Here in Denmark there is a bike for everything.  Bullitt is built for transporting cargo among other things.  And when I say there is a bike for everything, I mean EVERYTHING.  You say you need to make a quick deposit at your local sperm bank but can't get there on time?  No worries.  A transport bike of one kind or another is right around the corner willing to help you out.

The next photo is from the front page of the bike shop website.  The shop is called Harry vs. Larry.  You can read the story behind it by clinking the "about" on the home page or just click here.  I think it is funny that when I saw the word Bullitt on the box, I knew exactly where in town the bike shop was at.  I don't pass that street often, maybe 4 or 5 times a year max.  But I knew exactly where it was located.  Oh and I also know where this sperm bike photo was shot.  On the other side of the wall is a cemetery in the "north" part of town.  There are a number of great Danes buried there.  Han Christian Anderson being one of them.  A brand new metro line is to open this month with a stop at the cemetery.  I guess you can say for everyone in the cemetery, it is the last stop or the end of the line.

OK - so.......... off to the bike shop to snap a few pix.  The first photo is from the webpage.  It is of the store front.

The following photos are from my camera.




You can get these bikes in the states and you can get more info from their home page by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. NICE PIC and so much info about copenhagen love it keep up the god work my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos and the info!
    Bike on !

    ReplyDelete