25 December 2022

Covid Christmas - Cold Cold Christmas Without You

And of course this song is making me teary-eyed.  This is the first time in 32 years that I am not with the love of my life. 

According to the radio,
Warmer weather's on the way
The chances are
We wont be getting snow
But even if the sun shines
From now to christmas day
As far as I'm concerned,
I know...
It's gonna be a cold, cold christmas 
Without you
Dreamin' of those warm, warm, lazy summer days
It's gonna be a long and lonely christmas
Without you
Missing you, my darling, in oh, so many ways
Yesterday I saw your mom and dad
We bought our cards together
I've put the present
On the christmas tree
And as I write this letter
It's warm
Inside
The log fire's burning bright
Oh Darling if only you were here to make it right
It's gonna be a cold cold Christmas without you
Dreaming of those warm warm lazy summerday's
It's gonna be a long and lonely Christmas without you
Missing you my darling in oh so many way's
I didn't bother with the mistletoe
You won't be here to kiss me
The only consolation that I've got
I'll know for sure you miss me
It won't be long until you're home again
And we can share this magic moment
But till then...

Here now are just a few pix that I have snapped throughout the season.
Late in November we went to the hardware store for lunch.  
They server up some really tasty Danish pork with rind sandwiches.

Then one day we passed Tivoli on the way the the gym. 

That's the waiting room at the gym.
Jens goes twice a week.

  
 Sometimes we go out to lunch after the gym.
Returning from the gym/lunch.
This is in front of the nursing home.
Our first snow of the season.

Different poses and angles from his floor.
He looked good and was happy this day.





Santa Lucia.
In Sweden it is a big day.  Click here to read about it.
The origins of Santa Lucia stem from Sicily. Click here to read about it.

The short version is: Santa Lucia can be traced back to the 4th century. A Christian feast day, it commemorates the martyr Lucia of Syracuse, who, as legend has it, brought food to Christians hiding in Roman catacombs, lighting her way with a candlelit wreath on her head.

Santa Lucia’s Day, festival of lights is celebrated in Sweden, Norway and the Swedish-speaking areas of Finland on December 13 in honor of Santa Lucia. One of the earliest Christian martyrs, Santa Lucia was killed by the Romans in 304 AD because of her religious beliefs.

In Sweden, Santa Lucia's Day marks the beginning of the Christmas celebration. On that day the eldest daughter of the family traditionally dresses in a white robe and wears as a crown an evergreen wreath studded with candles. The festival is meant to bring hope and light during the darkest time of the year.




I have told you about my wonderful neighbors here in our apartment complex.  Our "landlord" or "superintendent" banged on my door yesterday evening.  I opened it and she says: Step aside!  

She and her husband brought in a full Danish Christmas meal for me because they know I have this damn virus and that I am home alone.  There is no way I could ever move from here.  I have sooooooo many fantastic neighbors.
My loving neighbors brought everything here on the table.  Tthe only thing that's mine is the candles, fork & knife and the gray placemat. This is a traditional Danish Christmas dinner served on Christmas eve.  Pork with rind, duck, white potatoes, candied, potatoes, rice á l'amande with cherry sauce, port wine, red wine, cookies and candy, chips.

Well................... That's my Christmas celebration.  I hope all goes well for you and yours.  May you all have a very happy and healthy Christmas celebration.  May the new year bring you good health and keep you in it with lots of love and light.

Happy Holidays.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous15 May, 2023

    Eddie, I loved your photos and comments as you take us on your bittersweet "adventures" and always have. Looks like a big turnout for Parkinson's, happy that it was. Love to see people having fun and for a good cause. Jens looks good and always smiling. Thank you Eddie for sharing. Love you kid!!!

    ReplyDelete